Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sin Kee Kitchen at Taman Desa

For many years this humble kitchen has been serving the community as well as foodies all over Malaysia with their very best... If you ask foodies where is the best Siew Yoke(roasted crackling pork) or Ngap(Roasted Duck), Sin Kee will surely be on their little black foodie book...

My yummy belly first met Sin Kee a while back when my best friend Boh Ming who stays nearby brought me there for "Ngap fan" and it was heavenly... The duck was roasted perfectly with the lightness of it's skin without the fats as it has been rendered into the meat as if they were confit duck... Boh Ming taught me the best way to savor the duck dish, order the whole thigh and tell them not to cut the meat... Being right handed you hold your spoon and get ready while the left hand holds the drumstick, yes "Viking" style!!!

On another occasion another friend living nearby took me to Sin Kee for lunch and I had confirmed my love for their Char Siew & Siew Yoke!!! I was with Francis Jee and we went over for some Ngap and porky goodness... You have two options for Char Siew, either the fat fat oily oily belly good oink oink which melts in your mouth by the way or the lean meat loin which gives you that tender meat pleasure without being chewy... But the Siew Yoke leh no choice, it's always crispy and crunchy and eating the crackling skins are like munching on prawn crackers... Heavenly!!!

After that two occasions I've found my way to Sin Kee Kitchen when I have the chance and have brought my parents and wifey there too!!!

Today after Church at Desa Chapel Taman Desa, we went over and had Char Siew, Siew Yoke & Chicken...

Yes, even the chicken you get to choose which part you wanna have and we choose the drumstick... I would like to add that their roasted chicken was also cooked to perfection with paper thin skins with out the fats and the meat is tender and juicy...

Wifey, our little Smurf and myself, we had a yummy yum lunch today!!! Burpppp!!!

Oh yah, they do have other things on the menu to go with your meats... If you're not into rice just go ahead and order wan tan noodles or porridge and these meats are not your thing they also have chap fan dishes, steamed soups, etc... For breakfast & tea you can have a go at their baked oink oink buns, egg tarts, Oink oink siew pau, chicken siew pau and kaya puffs!!! Ooooooohhh for desert they also have their famous homemade creme caramel...

Sing Kee Kitchen
61A, Jalan Desa Bakti
Taman Desa
58100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel – 603-7981 6136
Mobile – 012-398 0679 (Danny Chai)
Business Hours – 9:00am - 9:30pm
GPS Coordinates: N03′ 06.224 E101′ 40.976


No comments:

Post a Comment